By Jill Dubien
This is an awesome and healthy snack for your kids that will help them ring in the New Year! These fruit sparkler wands are not only beautiful to look at, but they’re also packed full of fresh and nutritious fruit. They make a great party snack for kids because they are individual wands that the kids can grab and go. There is little mess and kids just love having their own special “wand.” Here’s how you can make them for your own New Year’s Eve celebration.
What you’ll need:
1. Wash all of your fruit.
2. Slice the cantaloupe, dragon fruit and pineapple into bite-size pieces.
3. Slice the star fruit into 1/2-inch thick slices.
4. Grab your wooden skewers and start threading the fruit onto the skewers. Leave a bit of skewer free at one end and leave several inches free at the other end.
5. On the end of the skewer, place a piece of star fruit.
6. Slice your mini watermelon in half.
7. Stick the skewers (the ends where you left several inches) into the watermelon base. This will help hold them upright and makes a beautiful presentation. You can later slice up the watermelon and eat it!
Your kids may not have real sparklers for New Year’s, but these fruit sparklers will help them feel like they are part of the celebration. Happy New Year everyone!
Jill Dubien is a working mom who loves to craft and cook with her kiddos in her spare time. She has an awesome and supportive husband and 2 wonderful kids—a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 3. Before she had kids, Jill couldn’t cook much of anything except toast and cereal, and really despised being in the kitchen. Jill blogs at Meet the Dubiens, where she shares lots of fun foods and crafts for kids. You’ll find more of her cute recipe ideas here.
When we have company over the holidays I like to...