By Jill Dubien
It’s so much fun decorating your kids’ food with lots of love. This snack is nutritious, really easy to make, and a hit with my kids. This is great to serve at home, or pack in their lunchbox (with a leakproof lid). Here’s how to make it at home.
What you’ll need:
1. Put some applesauce and vanilla yogurt in some serving dishes.
2. In separate bowls, scoop a few spoonfuls of applesauce in one bowl, and a few spoonfuls of yogurt in another bowl.
3. Add a dab of red gel food colouring to each bowl and stir until you reach your desired shade of red.
4. Pour your red applesauce in your squeeze bottle, and squeeze a heart shape on the top of your applesauce. Repeat this process for the yogurt.
5. Serve to your kiddos and enjoy!
I love healthy snacks that are easy to make, and this is definitely one of those snacks. Just a tiny little touch of love and it makes all the difference.
Jill Dubien is a working mom who loves to craft and cook with her kiddos in her spare time. She has an awesome and supportive husband and 2 wonderful kids—a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 3. Before she had kids, Jill couldn’t cook much of anything except toast and cereal, and really despised being in the kitchen. Jill blogs at Meet the Dubiens, where she shares lots of fun foods and crafts for kids. You’ll find more of her cute recipe ideas here.
Well, February has arrived (we know—we can't believe it, either)...