Canada Day is in just one short week, and I made a cute little lunch for my kiddos to help celebrate it. This little beaver lunch was fun to make and fun to eat. The kids thought this little guy was pretty funny and I loved watching them enjoy it! Here’s how I made him:
What you’ll need:
1 slice of whole wheat bread
1 large circle cracker
1 toaster waffle
2 icing eyes
1 small slice of apple or pear
2 maple leaf sprinkles (optional)
a sharp kitchen knife
a large circle cookie cutter (or use a drinking glass)
1. Toast your waffle so it’s nice and crispy. Once cool, cut into a beaver tail shape and place on a plate.
2. Cut a circle out of the whole wheat bread using a cookie cutter or glass. Spread with peanut butter and place on the plate for the beaver’s body.
3. Spread peanut butter on the round cracker—this is the beaver’s head.
4. Add raisins to make 2 ears, a nose, 2 hands and 2 feet. Add icing eyes.
5. Slice apple or pear into 2 small rectangles to make beaver teeth.
7. If desired, add 2 maple leaf sprinkles for cheeks.
This easy lunch is sure to make your little ones happy on Canada Day! Give it a try!