Summer is upon us. With summer comes camping, BBQs, campfires and picnics. What’s a summer BBQ or campfire without s’mores? I really don’t know anyone who doesn’t love the ooey, gooey, chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker concoction. So yummy.
I had some leftover s’mores ingredients lying around (I know, crazy that I had leftovers, right?!) and used those leftovers to make an adorable s’mores snack for my little ones. Needless to say, they absolutely adored it. You can either serve them as is, or heat them up if you wish for a warmer, gooier version. Only heat them up for a second though, because you don’t want to lose that adorable little bear face.
What you’ll need:
• Graham crackers
• Marshmallows (both large and small)
• Chocolate chips (both regular and mini)
• Nutella spread in a squeeze bottle
• A sharp kitchen knife
1. Place a few graham crackers on a plate.
2. Slice a small marshmallow in half. Each half will become the bear’s ears.
3. Slice a large marshmallow in half. Use one half for the bear’s face.
4. Use 2 mini chocolate chips for the eyes.
5. Use 1 regular chocolate chip for the nose.
6. Put some Nutella spread in a squeeze bottle and squirt on a cute little bear mouth.
7. Repeat for however many bears you are making.
8. Serve these to your kids as is, or heat them up quickly in the oven or microwave. If you’re heating them up, make it quick though. Otherwise you’ll lose your bear face as the chocolate and marshmallow melt.
Jill Dubien is a working mom who loves to craft and cook with her kiddos in her spare time. She has an awesome and supportive husband and 2 wonderful kids—a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 3. Before she had kids, Jill couldn’t cook much of anything except toast and cereal, and really despised being in the kitchen. Jill blogs at Meet the Dubiens, where she shares lots of fun foods and crafts for kids.