With our long and cold Canadian winters, we can’t wait to break out the BBQ in the spring. We’ve had some pretty nice weather this week—perfect weather for making burgers. The kids already love burgers, but this just added a little more fun to a regular dinner night. These bear burgers were really simple to make and only took minutes to assemble! If you’re looking for a really easy way to make dinner more fun, this is definitely it. This is how I made these “beary” cute burgers:
What you’ll need:
• A cooked hamburger patty
• A whole wheat hamburger bun
• 2 small circular whole wheat crackers
• 1 small radish
• 2 black olives
• Mozzarella cheese
• Whatever toppings your kiddo likes on their burger (lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, relish, etc.)
1. Assemble your child’s burger and put whatever condiments/toppings they like on it.
2. Place the two small whole wheat crackers between the bun for ears.
3. Cut your piece of mozza cheese in a circle on place on the top burger bun for the bear’s nose/mouth.
4. Slice your black olive. Use three slices for the eyes and nose. Slice another piece into two thin strips for the mouth. Place these olives on the top of your burger bun.
5. Finally, thinly slice your radish and place two slices on the top burger bun for cute little bear cheeks.
6. Serve to your kiddos and enjoy the giggles and smiles!
Jill Dubien is a working mom who loves to craft and cook with her kiddos in her spare time. She has an awesome and supportive husband and 2 wonderful kids—a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 3. Before she had kids, Jill couldn’t cook much of anything except toast and cereal, and really despised being in the kitchen. People who know her personally find it extremely humorous that she is now the self-proclaimed “Queen of fun food.” Jill blogs at Meet the Dubiens, where she shares lots of fun foods and crafts for kids.