By Andrea Tomkins
Skip the chocolate and create this beautiful (and easy) paper advent calendar. Each day’s envelope reveals a fun activity for the whole family.
• double-sided scrapbooking paper
• one piece of cardstock
• glue stick
• envelope template
• miniature clothespins and ribbon (optional)
1. Print or trace the template onto card stock and cut it out. Use this to trace the envelope shape onto your papers.
2. Cut along the outside lines; fold along the dotted lines.
3. Glue the bottom flap to the two side flaps, and let dry. Repeat for 24 envelopes.
4. Using a word-processing program, print off numbers 1 to 24. Cut them out and paste them on the envelopes. You can also use rubber stamps or markers.
5. Print your list of activities and cut them into individual slips.
6. Don’t seal the envelopes or number the slips. Add each activity the night before in case you need to switch it at the last minute. (For example, if there’s no snow you won’t be able to go tobogganing.) Use the clothespins to attach the envelopes to a pretty ribbon or display them in a big jar or bowl.
Unsubscribe at any time.