Add some sparkle and holiday cheer to your home this Easter by sprucing up a corner of your living room, front hall or dining room with some sparkly Easter eggs. This simple craft will get you excited for spring—even if it does leave you covered in glitter.
1. Wash shells of blown-out eggs—carefully!—with soap and water and let dry.
2. Dye eggs (mix 1/2 cup warm water, 1 tablespoon vinegar and liquid food colouring for each shade desired); let eggs dry completely.
3. Adhere Glue Dots or double-sided tape to the eggs, sprinkle with craft glitter and shake off excess.
4. Next, carefully enlarge the holes at either end of the egg so they can accommodate twine and an embroidery needle.
5. Cut a 30-centimetre length of twine for each egg. Make a 10-centimentre loop with a piece of twine and knot, then thread the tail through an egg using the needle. Knot and trim the end.
6. To display your kids’ handiwork, arrange pussy willows in a vase and hang eggs from the branches.
Looking for more great Easter activities? You’ll love our Easter Guide, full of recipes, crafts and fun family activities.