Makes 40 cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sift ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder into a half portion of room-temperature dough.
3. Melt one cup of chocolate chips in the microwave for 20 seconds, stir, then microwave another 20 seconds. Stir until completely melted then add to dough.
4. Pour ¼ cup sugar into a shallow bowl.
5. Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar until coated.
6. Transfer to parchment-covered sheet pan. Using the end of a wooden spoon, make an indent in each cookie.
7. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove pans from oven and re-indent each cookie. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
8. Transfer to rack to cool.
9. Cream 4 ounces of cream cheese with 2 tbsp of icing sugar. Spoon a dollop of cream cheese into indent and top with a small spoonful of jam.
This recipe makes enough for two batches of cookies, so we suggest that you always divide the dough in half and wrap each separately.
• 2 cups flour
• ½ tsp baking powder
• ¼ tsp salt
• pinch ground nutmeg
• 1 cup butter
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp vanilla
1. Combine first four ingredients in a bowl.
2. Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Mix in half the dry ingredients, then add what is remaining.
4. Divide dough in half and wrap with plastic wrap until ready to use.
Copyright © 2012 St. Joseph Media. All Rights Reserved.