Makes 20 cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Using a half portion of dough, add 1 tsp cinnamon and ½ tsp ground ginger. Stir in 1 tbsp molasses.
3. Drop 1 ½ tbsp of dough onto parchment-covered sheet pan, leaving at least 1 ½-inch space between each one. Sprinkle each cookie with coarse sugar.
4. Bake 8–10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to rack.
This recipe makes enough for two batches of cookies, so we suggest that you always divide the dough in half and wrap each separately.
• 2 cups flour
• ½ tsp baking powder
• ¼ tsp salt
• pinch ground nutmeg
• 1 cup butter
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp vanilla
1. Combine first four ingredients in a bowl.
2. Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Mix in half the dry ingredients, then add what is remaining.
4. Divide dough in half and wrap with plastic wrap until ready to use.
Copyright © 2012 St. Joseph Media. All Rights Reserved.