Makes 40 squares
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Press a half portion of the dough evenly into greased, foil-lined 9 x 9 square pan. Chill for 15 minutes.
3. Bake for 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
4. Top cookie base with 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut.
5. Heat a 450g jar of President’s Choice dulce de leche for 30 seconds in the microwave and pour over coconut-covered cookie base.
6. Bake 25 minutes. Let squares cool completely in pan before serving, at least 2 hours.
7. Cut squares using a serrated knife dipped in hot water after each cut.
This recipe makes enough for two batches of cookies, so we suggest that you always divide the dough in half and wrap each separately.
• 2 cups flour
• ½ tsp baking powder
• ¼ tsp salt
• pinch ground nutmeg
• 1 cup butter
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp vanilla
1. Combine first four ingredients in a bowl.
2. Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Mix in half the dry ingredients, then add what is remaining.
4. Divide dough in half and wrap with plastic wrap until ready to use.
Copyright © 2013 St. Joseph Media. All Rights Reserved.