Makes 20 cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Using a half portion of chilled dough, roll out on a lightly floured surface to ¼" thickness.
3. Using a floured cookie cutter, cut out shapes. Transfer to parchment-covered sheet pan.
4. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until lightly golden.
5. Transfer to a wire rack to cool until ready to decorate with sprinkles, Royal Icing and candy.
This recipe makes enough for two batches of cookies, so we suggest that you always divide the dough in half and wrap each separately.
• 2 cups flour
• ½ tsp baking powder
• ¼ tsp salt
• pinch ground nutmeg
• 1 cup butter
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp vanilla
1. Combine first four ingredients in a bowl.
2. Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Mix in half the dry ingredients, then add what is remaining.
4. Divide dough in half and wrap with plastic wrap until ready to use.
1. Beat together on low speed 2 cups icing sugar, 2 tsp powdered egg white, 1 tsp lemon juice and 3 tbsp of warm water for one minute. Add more water if you’d like the icing to be thinner.
2. Increase speed to high and beat for 3 more minutes until it forms stiff, glossy peaks. Divide into small bowls and add food colouring.
Copyright © 2012 St. Joseph Media. All Rights Reserved.