Saffron Cinnamon Lamb
This novel dish allows to you create Middle Eastern flavours in a short time.
April 8th, 2012
Submitted by Lillea Brionn, Sidney, BC; Tested by Linda Hubel
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 Cups finely chopped green onions
- 2 saffron threads crumbled between fingers and dissolved in a bit of water (optional)
- 2 tablespoons thompson seedless raisins, chopped if large
- 1/8 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 pound lean ground spring lamb
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts or almond slivers (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add green onions; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add all ingredients except pine nuts to pot. Cook, stirring frequently, until lamb is done (approximately 15 minutes).
Season with pepper and garnish with toasted pine nuts if desired.
Photo Credit: Linda Hubel