Noodles with Stir-Fried Vegetables
The best noodles for this dish are Chinese cellophane noodles made from mung beans, but try any long, thin noodle (even pasta)
April 8th, 2012
Recipe by Rose Elliot Photography by Michael Paul
- 1 package 250-g cellophane noodles
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2/3 Cups baby corn, halved diagonally
- 2/3 Cups snow peas, split vertically into shreds
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 large red chili pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced into thin shreds
- 1 Cup canned water chestnuts, drained
- Soy sauce
- 12 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Prepare noodles according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pot and add next 6 ingredients. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes, until vegetables are heated through but still crunchy.
Season with soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Stir in cilantro and serve.