Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
There's nothing stuffy about this version of a salad first created by Robert Cobb in the late 1930's at Hollywood's famous Brown Derby Restaurant.
April 8th, 2012
Recipes Developed by David Grenier
Food Styling by David Grenier
Prop Styling by Felice Morsillo
- 8 chicken skewers
- 3 romaine hearts, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 ripe avocados, quartered*
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 7 ounces (200g) Danish blue cheese, crumbled into pieces
Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad Dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons white wine or sherry vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoons each kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 Cups olive oil
Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat.
In a bowl, combine all vinaigrette ingredients except oil. Gradually add oil, whisking to emulsify. Set aside.
Grill chicken skewers, turning occasionally, about 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a serving plate.
While skewers are grilling, toss romaine with cup of dressing in a large salad bowl until lightly dressed, set aside. Arrange eggs, avocado, tomato and cheese on a platter and serve extra dressing on side.
Photography by David Bagosy