By Alicia McAuley
Whether you’re short on time or looking for a simple dessert that kids can help with, this quick and easy three-ingredient treat is a great choice. Light, fruity, and delicious (or as one CF staffer describes it, “Awesomeness in a cup”), it’s also easy on your wallet! (You can make four desserts for around $5.) We’ve chosen light ingredients wherever possible to keep calories in check, without losing any of the taste.
What you’ll need:
• 1 large tub of light or fat-free Cool Whip
• 1 package of light Jell-O powder
• 2 single-serving cups of low fat yogurt
1. In a large bowl, whisk together Jell-O powder with ½ cup of boiling water until crystals have fully dissolved.
2. Add 2 single serving cups of yogurt and whisk until blended.
3. Using a wooden spoon, fold in half the container of Cool Whip and stir until mixture is smooth.
4. Layer in glass or bowl with remaining Cool Whip (or save remaining Cool Whip for a future batch). Top with fresh fruit if desired.
5. Refrigerate until mixture has set (a few hours should do the trick, but you can put it in the freezer to speed up the process.)
The great thing about this dessert is that you can customize it to suit your tastes. We like raspberry Jell-O with raspberry yogurt, but you can mix and match a wide range of flavours—just keep experimenting until you find your fave!
Looking for more? Check out these 10 Tasty No-Bake Treats.