By Jill Dubien
Everybody seems to love owls these days, and I’m no exception. I brainstormed up this easy and adorable owl snack for the kids and they just loved it. It’s healthy and it used a lot of ingredients I already had in my cupboard and fridge. Win-win!
What you’ll need:
1. Place your pretzel stick on a plate.
2. Add some washed sugar snap peas to the pretzel stick to make it look like a tree branch.
3. Place 2 large, round crackers on the tree branch.
4. Using your sharp kitchen knife, slice 4 slices off your baby carrot. Place these on your plate for the owl’s feet.
5. Still using your knife and your leftover baby carrot, slice 2 small triangles and place these in the middle of the crackers for the owl’s nose.
6. Using either your kitchen knife, or a small circle cutter if you have one, cut 4 small circles out of your slice of mozzarella cheese. Place 2 on each of your owls for their eyes.
7. Dip your toothpick in some black gel food colouring and dot it on the mozzarella circles for the eyes.
8. Finally, using your kitchen knife and your slice of marble cheese, cut 4 larger triangles for the wings, and 4 smaller triangles for the ears. Place a set of 2 wings and 2 ears on each owl cracker.
If you have a kiddo who loves owls, like I do, they will surely love this easy and nutritious snack!
Jill Dubien is a working mom who loves to craft and cook with her kiddos in her spare time. She has an awesome and supportive husband and 2 wonderful kids—a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 3. Before she had kids, Jill couldn’t cook much of anything except toast and cereal, and really despised being in the kitchen. Jill blogs at Meet the Dubiens, where she shares lots of fun foods and crafts for kids. You’ll find more of her cute recipe ideas here.