By LeeAnne Wright
From the print edition, Summer 2012
What kid (or adult, for that matter) doesn’t love Jell-O? These fun Jell-O stackers are easy to make, tasty to eat, and are sure to be a hit with your whole family.
What you’ll need:
1. To create these stacked treats choose 2–4 different-coloured flavours of Jell-O. Prepare ½ package according to package instructions and pour a thin layer into a parchment-lined pan. Place on a flat surface in the refrigerator; leave at least 1 hour to set.
2. Meanwhile, soften 2 packets of gelatin in ½ cup cold water. After 5 minutes, stir in ½ cup boiling water, stirring until gelatin has completely dissolved.
3. Whisk 1 can of sweetened condensed milk into the gelatin and let cool to room temperature. Pour a thin layer over the layer of set Jell-O. Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or until second layer has set.
4. Prepare ½ of second package of Jell-O; let cool to room temperature. Pour a thin layer over the opaque white layer. Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to set. Repeat with more layers of Jell-O or white gelatin if desired. Let chill overnight.
5. Use cookie cutters to cut out fun shapes. Chill until ready to serve.