By Jill Dubien
Bite-sized sandwich “sushi” are a really fun lunchtime treat for kids. These tiny sandwiches are fun to eat and super easy to make. I made some with peanut butter, jam and Nutella spread. The kids enjoyed using chopsticks to try and pick them up, which made this lunch all the more fun! Here’s how you can make them at home.
What you’ll need:
1. Take a piece of white bread and your rolling pin and roll the bread flat.
2. Using your knife, cut the flattened piece of bread into a square, removing the crusts.
3. Spread sandwich filling of choice on the flattened square of bread.
4. Starting at one end, roll up tightly into a roll.
5. Using your knife, slice the roll into 2 or 3 pieces.
6. Repeat using each sandwich filling.
7. Serve to your kiddos with chopsticks and enjoy!
This was a really fun and easy lunch that the kids just adored. It’s definitely fun to watch your kids experiment eating with chopsticks and makes lunchtime a real treat! For more great kid-friendly sushi ideas, check out this Tea Party Sushi.
Jill Dubien is a working mom who loves to craft and cook with her kiddos in her spare time. She has an awesome and supportive husband and 2 wonderful kids—a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 3. Before she had kids, Jill couldn’t cook much of anything except toast and cereal, and really despised being in the kitchen. Jill blogs at Meet the Dubiens, where she shares lots of fun foods and crafts for kids. You’ll find more of her cute recipe ideas here.
Happy Robbie Burns Day! It's the perfect day to don...