By Jill Dubien
This is a really cute and fun lunch that will be perfect for the little princess (or princess fan!) in your life. My daughter loves all things girly and thought this princess lunch was just fantastic. I’m pretty positive this will be a lunch that will be requested again and again. Here’s how you can make it at home.
What you’ll need:
1. Cut your 2 slices of bread into circles using your drinking glass.
2. Spread your peanut butter (or another sandwich filling of your choice) between your 2 slices of bread to make a sandwich. Place this sandwich on a plate.
3. Un-twist your twisty Cheesestring and place the cheese twists around the sandwich to make hair for your princess.
4. Using your knife, or a small circle cutter, cut 2 circles out of your slice of mozza cheese. Place these 2 cheese circles on your sandwich for the eyes. To make the dots in the eyes, either use a black food-safe marker, or use some black food colouring and a toothpick. Dot on 2 eyes.
5. Using your knife, carve a princess crown out of your slice of yellow apple. Place this princess crown on your princess.
6. Finally, take your red pepper slice and place it on your princess sandwich for a lovely smile.
It’s a perfect princess lunch! And don’t think that I forgot my little prince either—I’ll share my “lunch for a prince” next week.
Jill Dubien is a working mom who loves to craft and cook with her kiddos in her spare time. She has an awesome and supportive husband and 2 wonderful kids—a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 3. Before she had kids, Jill couldn’t cook much of anything except toast and cereal, and really despised being in the kitchen. Jill blogs at Meet the Dubiens, where she shares lots of fun foods and crafts for kids. You’ll find more of her cute recipe ideas here.