Last week I made my little princess a princess sandwich of her own, so of course I had to make one for my little prince, too. This was equally easy to make and my little guy just loved it. My little prince gobbled it up in no time! Here’s how I made it.
What you’ll need:
1. Cut your 2 slices of bread into circles using your drinking glass.
2. Spread your peanut butter (or another sandwich filling of your choice) between your 2 bread circles to make a sandwich. Place this sandwich on a plate.
3. Take your thinly sliced baby carrots and arrange them on the upper part of your sandwich for your prince’s hair.
4. Using a knife, or a small circle cutter, cut 2 circles out of the slice of mozzarella cheese. Place these 2 cheese circles on your sandwich for the eyes. To make the dots in the eyes, either use a black food-safe marker, or use some black food colouring and a toothpick. Dot on 2 eyes.
5. Using your knife, carve a crown for your prince out of your slice of yellow apple. Place this crown on your prince.
6. Finally, take your red pepper slice and place it on your prince sandwich for a handsome little smile.
It was so easy to make both a prince lunch for my little guy and a princess lunch for my little lady. They used a lot of the same ingredients which was awesome when I was preparing them. The kids just loved being treated like royalty with their special little lunches!
Jill Dubien is a working mom who loves to craft and cook with her kiddos in her spare time. She has an awesome and supportive husband and 2 wonderful kids—a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 3. Before she had kids, Jill couldn’t cook much of anything except toast and cereal, and really despised being in the kitchen. Jill blogs at Meet the Dubiens, where she shares lots of fun foods and crafts for kids. You’ll find more of her cute recipe ideas here.