By Jill Dubien
Making cute lunches for your kids doesn’t have to be difficult. I try to always use items that I already have on hand and I don’t like spending all day making them, either. This healthy kitty lunch was quick to make and incorporated a lot of healthy foods that I had in my fridge. Here’s how I made this cute and easy lunch.
What you’ll need:
1. Using your knife, spread some cream cheese on your bagel half. Place your bagel on a plate and clean your knife off.
2. Take your slice of mozzarella cheese and cut 2 large triangles out for ears. Place these on your kitty for ears.
3. Grab the 2 slices of cucumber and slice them into oval shapes. Place these oval shapes on your kitty for eyes. Using the cucumber scraps, cut 2 smaller oval shapes out of the green skin. Place these on top of the oval cucumbers to finish the cat’s eyes.
4. Using your knife, slice your small piece of ham into a triangle and place on your kitty bagel for the nose.
5. Take your matchstick carrot and cut it in half. Place on your cat for the mouth.
6. Finally, grab your piece of celery and slice it into 6 thin strips for the whiskers. Place these whiskers on your kitty.
So easy, so cute and so healthy. Your kids are going to love it!
Jill Dubien is a working mom who loves to craft and cook with her kiddos in her spare time. She has an awesome and supportive husband and 2 wonderful kids—a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 3. Before she had kids, Jill couldn’t cook much of anything except toast and cereal, and really despised being in the kitchen. Jill blogs at Meet the Dubiens, where she shares lots of fun foods and crafts for kids. You’ll find more of her cute recipe ideas here.