If your kids are anything like mine, they enjoy the occasional (or more than occasional) treat. Sure they love their fruits and veggies, but they’ll never turn down a sweet treat either! This adorable little sandwich gives them the best of both worlds. It looks like a delicious lollipop, but it’s really a peanut butter and jam sandwich. It took only minutes to make and put a smile on both of their little faces. As a mom, I can’t ask for much more than that.
What you’ll need:
• 2 pieces of bread
• Peanut butter (or nut-free butter if there are allergy concerns)
• Jam in a squeeze bottle
• Lollipop stick
• Circle cookie cutter (or use the open end of a drinking cup if you don’t have one)
• Fruit or veggie to complete the meal
1. Using either your circle cookie cutter, or the open end of a drinking cup, cut the two pieces of bread into circles.
2. Spread peanut butter (or peanut-free butter) on one bread circle and place the other bread circle on top to make a sandwich.
3. Spread some more peanut butter on the top circle of the sandwich.
4. Put some jam in a squeeze bottle and make a jam swirl on top of the sandwich.
5. Stick a lollipop stick between the two pieces of bread to make the sandwich look like a lollipop.
6. Serve this adorable sandwich with a side of fruit or veggie to complete the meal.
Jill Dubien is a working mom who loves to craft and cook with her kiddos in her spare time. She has an awesome and supportive husband and 2 wonderful kids—a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 3. Before she had kids, Jill couldn’t cook much of anything except toast and cereal, and really despised being in the kitchen. People who know her personally find it extremely humorous that she is now the self-proclaimed “Queen of fun food.” Jill blogs at Meet the Dubiens, where she shares lots of fun foods and crafts for kids.
Star Wars Day is upon us once again and we...