This adorable little brown pear bear was so incredibly easy to make. I used two whole pears and made each of the kids one of these pear bears for a snack. They just loved them! This is super easy to make and only uses two or three ingredients. That’s a winner in my books!
1 brown pear
2 icing eyes (or use 2 more blueberries)
a sharp kitchen knife
1. If your pear has a stem, remove it and slice about 1 inch off the top of your pear using your knife. This will be the bear’s snout. Set aside.
2. Next, slice the bottom off your pear, making about a half inch cut. Place this piece white side up on your plate for the bear’s head. Place your snout from step #1 on the bear’s head.
3. Now slice one side off your pear, cutting just before the core. This long piece will be the bear’s body. Place this piece on your plate, underneath the head.
4. Slice the core out of your remaining piece of pear and discard.
5. Using the last piece of pear, you’re going to make 2 ears, 2 arms and 2 legs. I sliced the ears into circles with a larger white outside and a smaller brown inside. The arms and legs are just sliced rectangles of pear. Place the ears, arms, and legs on your pear bear.
6. Place a blueberry on top of the bear’s snout for a nose.
7. Finally, grab 2 icing eyes (or use 2 blueberries if you don’t have icing eyes) and place these on the bear’s face.
This adorable pear bear is an awesome, healthy snack for kids, and it’s incredibly easy to make. Enjoy!
Jill Dubien is a working mom who loves to craft and cook with her kiddos in her spare time. She has an awesome and supportive husband and two wonderful kids. Before she had kids, Jill couldn’t cook much of anything except toast and cereal, and really despised being in the kitchen. Jill blogs at Meet the Dubiens, where she shares lots of fun foods and crafts for kids. You’ll find more of her cute recipe ideas here.