Mini Apple and Grape Jellies
Who doesn’t like fruit jellies? Wiggly on the plate, they are a perfectly fun way to serve fruit. Look for low-sugar natural apple juice to ramp up the goodness.
Makes 12 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
On the table: 20 minutes + 2 1/2 hours chilling
- 2 envelopes unflavoured gelatine (2 tbsp)
- ½ cup water
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1 cup cored and diced red apples
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- Off heat, soften gelatine in water in a saucepan for 5 minutes.
- Move saucepan onto low heat, stirring constantly until gelatine is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, then stir in apple juice. Move saucepan to fridge to chill until mixture begins to thicken enough to support fruit, approximately 20 to 30 minutes. Stir in fruit and distribute evenly into 12 3-oz Dixie cups.
- Chill until set (approximately 2 ½ hours). To remove jellies, run the side of the cups briefly under warm water and turn knock the jellies out upside down onto a plate.
Originally published July, 2009, By LeeAnne Wright, Photo by James Tse