By Shannon Phillips
It’s easy to customize a set of simple wooden blocks with photos of family members and friends for a gorgeous custom toy for your wee one.
What you’ll need:
1. Choose photos and graphics associate with each family member you wish to portray on your blocks. Each block should represent one family member, so you will need 6 images per block.
2. Crop and resize photos and graphics in an image processing software so that each is the size of one side of the block. Group images to fit on a single page (the size of your transfer paper, likely 8.5 by 11 inches).
3. Print out images on the iron-on transfer paper.
4. Cut out each individual image.
5. Evenly sand all sides of your blocks.
6. Turn on the iron and wait for it to heat up fully on the highest setting. Tape in place and iron one photo at a time. Tip: Use an extra block as a tester to figure out the ideal amount of time your iron needs to transfer the images.
7. Slowly peel off the transfer backing, but be sure to check a corner first to make sure the transfer is complete.
Repeat for all sides of each block.